Join us in showcasing marine science and ocean engineering initiatives at Ocean Discovery Day! This is an opportunity for researchers, students, staff and organizations to promote efforts in the area of marine science, STEM education, marine history, and other related topics to an engaged audience of over 2,000 people over two days. We welcome you to showcase marine initiatives conducted at UNH, in New Hampshire, and beyond!
There is no fee to participate as a presenter or exhibitor!
This year’s event takes place at the Chase Ocean Engineering Laboratory on the UNH Campus:
TBD 2024 | 8:30 am – 2:00 pm
TBD 2024 | 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Presentations/Exhibits – Ocean Discovery Day is a self-guided tour. The event takes place both inside the Chase OE Lab and under tents on the grounds surrounding the building. Tables and tents are provided. Presentations/exhibits with hands-on experiments and demos draw the most interest. Audiences range from young children to adults, so it’s important that your presentation/exhibit targets various age levels.
Oral Presentations – Each day features a series of oral presentations. Speakers typically give a brief PowerPoint presentation about a research topic or program, followed by Q&A. Time commitment: approx. 1 hour. Please contact Sally Nelson directly if you are interested in participating as an oral presenter.
- Face to face interaction with over 2000 participants over two days.
- The opportunity to showcase your research and outreach programs to a captive and engaged audience.
- One 10’ x 10’ (approximately) exhibit space.
- One 6’ table and two chairs.
- Tents will be provide, however, if you have your own, please bring it!
- Wireless internet access.
- Exclusive Ocean Discovery Day T-Shirt.
- Access to exhibitor only break room.
- Volunteers to assist you during break times.
- Coffee, tea and water available all day both days.
- Light morning refreshments on Friday.
- Exhibitor lunch on both Friday and Saturday.
- Exhibitors will not conduct transactions involving the exchange of money.
- Exhibitors may bring promotional items and distribute coupons.
- Candy and promotional items that result in littering are strongly discouraged.
- Security is not provided for the exhibit area and it is the exhibitor’s responsibility to remove all materials, or accept full responsibility for materials that have been left when the space is not staffed. The exhibitor understands that the University of New Hampshire does not maintain insurance covering the exhibitor’s property and it is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor to obtain such insurance. At the conclusion of the event, the exhibitor is responsible for removing all of his/her materials and equipment.
- Electricity is limited and needs to be requested during registration. Generators are not permitted.
- Exhibitors will not engage in any behavior that is offensive or bothersome to other exhibitors or event attendees.
- The University of New Hampshire reserves the right to refuse the application of any exhibitor whose display, materials, products or overall exhibit is deemed inappropriate for presentation at Ocean Discovery. This includes but is not limited to the promotion of alcohol, tobacco, and adult entertainment.
- Exhibitors are free to bring materials to Chase Ocean Engineering Laboratory on Thursday.
- Set up begins at 7 a.m. Friday. All exhibits should be set by 8:15 a.m.
- Guests arrive at 8:30 a.m.
- Friday parking: UNH faculty and staff are encouraged to park in their normal parking lots. Non-UNH exhibitors will be provided with one complimentary parking spot in the Sage Way Lot. Parking is not available at Chase on Friday. Exhibitors may unload materials at Chase and then move vehicles to the Sage Way Lot. Vehicles parked at Chase and do not display a UNH Faculty/Staff parking pass will be subject to ticketing.
- Breakdown begins at 2 p.m.
- Set up begins at 9:00 a.m. Exhibits should be ready by 9:45 a.m.
- Guests arrive at 10 a.m.
- Saturday parking information will be emailed to you in early October.
- Breakdown begins at 3 p.m.
- Exhibitors are asked to breakdown tables and chairs and deliver to designated drop off location on the event site.