SMSOE Seminar Series
The School of Marine Science and Ocean Engineering invites you to our monthly seminar series! Starting March 1 and repeating monthly through May, this series is designed to bring the UNH and local marine communities together to learn, discuss, network and hopefully to develop new ideas and ways to collaborate with partners both on and off campus. Each seminar will include several short talks relating to the seminar's theme, followed by an opportunity for questions, and a social. Light refreshments and cash bar will be available. The seminars are launched with the following goals in mind:
- Promote awareness and identity for the SMSOE Community both within and outside of UNH.
- Build connections both on- and off-campus among UNH researchers, students, educators, stakeholders and others around important topics related to marine and coastal resources.
- Facilitate discussions that will help focus research and other efforts to effectively address challenges and opportunities facing management of marine and coastal resources.
The event is designed to include one hour of presentations and Q&A followed by a one-hour social.
The SMSOE Seminar Series will resume again in Fall 2017. The currently scheduled dates are:
Wednesday, Septmber 13, 2017
- Dr. Henry Pollack: The New Face of the Arctic
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
- Dr. Jacqueline Grebmeier: The Pacific Arctic Region: A Window into Shifting Benthic Populations in Response to Ecosystem Change
Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Wednesday, December 6, 2017
Past Seminar Topics
Ocean Acoustics: A Sound perspective on ocean dynamics
Seafood and Healthy Great Bay: A Granite State Challenge
Climate Change and the Ocean: Local and Global Impacts
Topic: The Pacific Arctic Region: A Window into Shifting Benthic Populations in Response to Ecosystem Change
Speaker: Dr. Jacqueline Grebmeier
Date: Wednesday, October 4, 2017
Time: 4 pm - 6 pm
Location: Squamscott/Cocheco Rooms, Holloway Commons, UNH
Parking: Public Parking is available within walking distance to Holloway Commons. Please visit the UNH Transportation Services webpage for parking locations and campus map. All standard UNH parking fees apply.