Associate Professor of Earth Sciences
Coastal Physical Oceanography, Geophysical Fluid Dynamics, Bio-physical interactions in ocean flows
- The dynamics of coastal circulation, with a particular interest in dynamics of circulation on seasonal and longer timescales.
- Interactions of coastal and estuarine circulation in large estuaries.
- Maintenance of alongshore variation in species composition, and alongshore variation in allele frequency, in the presence of alongshore currents.
- Quantifying effect of alongshore currents on the relative fitness of species and alleles in species with planktonic lifestages.
- The impact of coastal circulation on the transport of zooplankton and icthyoplankton.