Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Ph.D. Tufts University, 1996
Computational solid mechanics, Mechanics of composite materials, Ocean engineering, Finite element method
Prof. Tsukrov is involved in the studies of 3D woven and carbon/carbon composites; utilization of copper alloys for marine applications; finite element simulations of offshore fish cage/mooring systems under environmental loads; analysis of high performance materials and structures. Prof. Tsukrov is director of the UNH Computational Mechanics Laboratory (http://www.unh.edu/cml/)
- ME 627: Dynamics (Mechanics III)
- ME 786/886: Introduction to Finite Element Analysis
- ME 986: Advanced Finite Element Analysis
- ME 735/835: Mechanics of Composite Materials
- ME 935: Micromechanics of composite & porous materials.
- M. Kachanov, B. Shafiro, I. Tsukrov, Handbook of Elasticity Solutions, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 340 pp., 2003.
Recent Papers on Mechanics of Materials
- Tsukrov and B. Drach "Elastic Deformation of Composite Cylinders with Cylindrically Orthotropic Layers", International Journal of Solids and Structures, v. 47, pp. 25-33, 2010.
- Tsukrov, V.M. Grychanyuk, T.S. Gross "Finite element modeling of diffusional creep with explicit consideration of enhanced vacancy diffusivity in a finite region adjacent to the grain interface", Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures, v. 15, pp. 533-539, 2008.
- R. Piat, I. Tsukrov, T. Boehlke, N. Bronzel, T. Shrinivasa, B. Reznik, D. Gerthsen "Numerical studies of the influence of textural gradients on the local stress concentrations around fibers in carbon/carbon composites", Communications in Numerical Methods in Engineering, v. 24, pp. 2194-2205, 2008.
- R. Piat, I. Tsukrov, N. Mladenov, V. Verijenko, E. Schnack, M. Guellali, M.J. Hoffmann "Material Modeling of the CVI - Infiltrated Carbon Felt I: Basic Formulae, Theory and Numerical Experiments", Composites Science and Technology, v. 66, No. 15, pp. 2997-3003, 2006.
- R. Piat, I. Tsukrov, N. Mladenov, M. Guellali, R. Ermel, T. Beck, E. Schnack, M.J. Hoffmann "Material Modeling of the CVI - Infiltrated Carbon Felt II: Statistical Study of the Microstructure, Numerical Analysis and Experimental Validation", Composites Science and Technology, v. 66, No. 15, pp. 2769-2775, 2006.
Recent Papers on Ocean Engineering and Biomechanics
- Ø. Patursson, M.R. Swift, I. Tsukrov, K. Simonsen, K. Baldwin, D.W. Fredriksson, B. Celikkol "Development of a porous media model for flow around and through net panels", Ocean Engineering, 2010, in press.
- Tsukrov, J. DeCew, K. Baldwin, R. Campbell-Malone, M.J. Moore "Mechanics of the Right Whale Mandible: Full Scale Testing and Finite Element Analysis", Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology, v. 374, pp. 93-103, 2009.
- D.W. Fredriksson, I. Tsukrov, P. Hudson "Engineering Investigation of Design Procedures for Closed Containment Marine Aquaculture Systems", Aquacultural Engineering, v. 39, pp. 91-102, 2008.
- D.W. Fredriksson, J. DeCew, I. Tsukrov "Development of structural modeling techniques for evaluating HDPE plastic net pens used in marine aquaculture", Ocean Engineering, v. 34, pp. 2124-2137, 2007.
- D.W. Fredriksson, J. DeCew, I. Tsukrov, M.R. Swift and J.D. Irish "Development of large fish farm numerical modeling techniques with in situ mooring tension comparisons", Aquacultural Engineering, v. 36, pp. 137-148, 2007.
University of New Hampshire
Department of Mechanical Engineering
33 College Road
Durham, NH 03824