Why Ocean Engineering at UNH?
Why study ocean engineering at UNH?
- Hands-on research in ocean renewable energy, ROV's, ocean mapping, ocean acoustics, coastal processes.
- Open collaboration between graduate student and UNH researchers/faculty.
- Outstanding faculty and researchers.
- Strong partnerships with the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Association (NOAA) and private partners provide a robust research environment and nearly unlimited opportunities for students.
The Ocean Engineering Program is housed in the Jere Chase Ocean Engineering Laboratory on the main campus of UNH in Durham.
- Center for Coastal and Ocean Mapping/Joint Hydrographic Center a world class research and education center
- Center for Ocean Engineering
- Center for Ocean Renewable Energy
- Unique facilities which facilitate the research and academic missions of OE
- Wave/Tow Tank
- Engineering Tank
- State-of-the-art acoustic transducer calibration system
- High Speed Water Tunnel
- Upgraded tow tank measurement capability
- Electronics lab
- Machine Shop
- Off campus, in-water testing sites, both estuarine and offshore
News & Announcements
TECH 797: Ocean Projects Course
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
A Rising Tide
Monday, January 28, 2013
Research Profile: Larry Mayer - Picturing the Arctic Ocean Floor
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Middle Schoolers Get Excited About Engineering--From 3,500 Miles Away
Thursday, August 9, 2012