Why Ocean Engineering at UNH?
Why study ocean engineering at UNH?
- Hands-on research in ocean renewable energy, ROVs, ocean mapping, ocean acoustics, coastal processes.
- Open collaboration between graduate students and UNH researchers/faculty.
- Outstanding faculty and researchers.
- Strong partnerships with the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Association (NOAA) and private partners, providing a robust research environment and nearly unlimited opportunities for students.
The Ocean Engineering Program is housed in the Jere Chase Ocean Engineering Laboratory on the main campus of UNH in Durham.
- Center for Coastal and Ocean Mapping/Joint Hydrographic Center, a world class research and education center
- Center for Ocean Engineering
- Center for Ocean Renewable Energy
- Unique facilities that facilitate the research and academic missions of OE
- Wave/Tow Tank
- Engineering Tank
- State-of-the-art acoustic transducer calibration system
- High Speed Water Tunnel
- Oscillating Flume
- Electronics lab
- Machine Shop
- Off campus, in-water testing sites, both estuarine and offshore
Professor Emeritus of Ocean Engineering & Mechanical Engineering
Professor of Mechanical and Ocean Engineering
Professor Emeritus of Mechanical Engineering and Ocean Engineering
Research Professor of Ocean Engineering
Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Ocean Engineering