The School of Marine Science and Ocean Engineering welcomes you to join us in showcasing marine science initiatives at Ocean Discovery Day. This is an opportunity for researchers, students, staff and organizations to promote efforts in the area of marine science, STEM education, marine history, etc.
Registration details for October 13-14, 2017 will be available soon!
Ocean Discovery Day is a self-guided tour where visitors are eager to learn about marine science and ocean engineering. Exhibitor’s booths with hands-on experiments/demos draw the most interest. The audience ranges from young children to adults so it’s important that you are prepared to address various age levels.
There is no exhibitor fee. Each exhibitor will be provided with a table and (2) chairs. Exhibitors are welcome to bring their own tents.
- Each exhibitor will receive (1) 6’ table and (2) chairs
- Exhibitors are responsible for their own signage.
- Exhibitors will not conduct transactions involving the exchange of monies.
- Exhibitors may bring promotional items and distribute coupons.
- Candy and promotional items that result in littering are strongly discouraged.
- Security is not provided for the exhibit area and it is the exhibitor’s responsibility to remove all materials, or accept full responsibility for materials that have been left when the space is not staffed. The exhibitor understands that the University of New Hampshire does not maintain insurance covering the exhibitor’s property and it is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor to obtain such insurance. At the conclusion of the event, the exhibitor is responsible for removing all of his/her materials and equipment.
- Electricity is limited and needs to be requested during registration. Generators are not permitted.
- Exhibitors will not engage in any behavior that is offensive or bothersome to other exhibitors or event attendees.
- Limited internet service is available at both locations and must be requested at registration.
- The University of New Hampshire reserves the right to refuse the application of any exhibitor whose display, materials, products or overall exhibit is deemed inappropriate for presentation at Ocean Discovery. This includes but is not limited to the promotion of alcohol, tobacco, and adult entertainment.
- Exhibitors are free to bring materials to Chase Ocean Engineering Laboratory on Thursday.
- Set up begins at 7:00 a.m. All exhibits should be set by 8:15 a.m.
- Guests arrive at 8:30 a.m.
- Friday parking - UNH faculty and staff are encouraged to park in their normal parking lots. Off-campus exhibitor parking is available at no charge at the Edgewood Lot. One spot per exhibitor and must be requested in advance. Parking is not available at Chase on Friday. Exhibitors may unload materials at Chase and then move vehicles to the Edgewood Lot. Vehicles parked at Chase and do not display a UNH Faculty/Staff parking pass will be subject to ticketing. Additional parking is available in the Sage Way Lot (Visitors Center) at a cost of $1.50 per hour.
- Breakdown begins at 2:00 p.m.
- Set up begins at 8:00 a.m. Exhibits should be ready by 9:45 a.m.
- Guests arrive at 10:00 a.m.
- Saturday parking information will be emailed to you in September.
- Breakdown begins at 3:00 p.m.