Associate Professor of Mechanical and Ocean Engineering
Ph.D. Oregon State University 1996
- Associate Professor of Mechanical and Ocean Engineering
- Ocean Engineering
- Fluid-Sediment Interactions in Coastal Environments
- Ocean bottom boundary layer and sediment dynamics
- Fluid-Structure-Sediment of submarine objects (i.e. mines, piers)
- Optical and Wireless sensor development for ocean applications
- Ocean Mechanics (OE 795/895)
- Thermodynamics (ME 503).
- Nichols, C.S. and Foster, D.L., 2008, "Observations of Bedform Evolution with Field-Scale Oscillatory Hydrodynamic Forcing", Journal of Geophysical Research, submitted.
- Smith, H.D. and Foster, D.L., 2007, "Three-Dimensional Vortex-Dynamics around a Short, Bottom-Mounted Cylinder in Waves", Journal of Fluid Mechanics, in review.
- Marieu, V., Bonneton, P., Foster, D.L., and Ardhuin, F., 2007, "Modeling of Vortex Ripple Morphodynamics", Journal of Geophysical Research, in review.
- Hatton, K.A. and Foster, D.L., 2007, "Scour and Ripple Migration Offshore of a Vertically Mounted Pile Subjected to Irregular Waves", Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, in review.
- Nichols, C.S. and Foster, D.L., 2007. "Full-Scale Observations of Wave-Induced Vortex Generation over a Rippled Bed",Journal of Geophysical Research, 112 (C10015, doi:10.1029/2006JC003841), 1-17.
- Foster, D. L., Natoo, P., Stanton, T.S., and Fredsoe, J., 2007, "The Suspension of Sediment from Flat and Megarippled Beds: A Pairing of Models and Observations", Continental Shelf Research, in press.
- Dusini, D., Foster, D.L., and Shore, J.A., 2007, "Effects of Lake Surface Variation on Sediment Resuspension", Journal of Great Lakes Research, accepted.
- Smith, H.D., and Foster, D.L., 2007, "Three-Dimensional Flow Around a Bottom-Mounted Short Cylinder", Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, Volume 133, Issue 5, pp. 534-544.
- Hatton, K.A., Foster, D.L., Traykovski, P.A., and Smith, H.D., 2006, "Scour and Burial of Submerged Mines in Wave Conditions", IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, 32 (2007): 249-259, doi:10.1109/JOE.2007.890986.
- Foster, D.L., Bowen, A.J., Holman, R.A., and Natoo, P., 2006, "Field Evidence of Pressure Gradient Induced Incipient Motion", Journal of Geophysical Research, 111(C5), C05004, 1-8.
- Foster, D.L., Beach, R.A., and Holman, R.A., 2006, "Turbulence Observations of the Nearshore Wave Bottom Boundary Layer", Journal of Geophysical Research, 111(C4), C04011, 1-11.