- Affiliate Professor of Ocean Engineering
- Co-Director NOAA/UNH Joint Hydrographic Center
Andy Armstrong is the Co-Director of the JHC and a retired officer of NOAA, assigned to the Center as a civilian NOAA employee. Capt. Armstrong specialized in hydrographic surveying and served on several NOAA hydrographic ships, including the NOAA Ship Whiting where he was Commanding Officer and Chief Hydrographer. Before coming to the JHC, he was the Chief of NOAA’s Hydrographic Surveys Division, directing the agency's hydrographic survey activities. He has a B.S. in Geology from Tulane University and an M.S. in Technical Management from Johns Hopkins University. Capt. Armstrong oversees the hydrographic and ocean mapping education and training program at UNH and coordinates the Center’s cooperative research with NOAA
- Intro to Ocean Mapping OE/ESCI 770/870
- Hydrographic Field Course OE/ESCI 972
- Ocean Measurement Lab OE 710/810
- Special Topics/Seamanship for Ocean Engineers & Scientist OE 895.
Please visit Dr. Armstrong's website for a complete list of publications.
University of New Hampshire Center for Coastal and Ocean Mapping Jere A. Chase Ocean Engineering Laboratory 24 Colovos Road Durham, NH 03824